Unique Aku-Sika Seshie (ACCA, CA)Managing Partner
Ms Unique Seshie is the Managing Partner of S&D Chartered Accountants. She is the engagement partner responsible for all statutory audit services.
– Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana – Licensed Practitioner.
– Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, United Kingdom – Member
– ACCA Qualification, United Kingdom.
– Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business – ACCA, United Kingdom
– Bachelor of Arts Degree, Economics – University of Ghana.
She is a dynamic chartered accountant with over ten years expertise in accounting, finance, audit and risk management. She believes in integrity, professionalism and constant learning. She is passionate about helping SME’s to be target oriented, efficient and profitable by establishing the right governance structures, processes flow, effective controls and adopting best practice.
Prior to setting up S&D, Unique trained as an Audit and Risk Associate in Ernst & Young- EY Ghana. She led and significantly contributed to teams of specialists and professionals in providing bespoke assurance and advisory services. Some of the clients She served includes MTN Ghana, Tullow Ghana, Prudential Insurance, Old Mutual, Republic Bank, Wilmar Africa, West African Monetary Institute, Teachers Fund, Pioneer Food Canary, Oracle Ghana, The National Theatre, Ghana Grid Company, Ministry of Health.
She was seconded to Old Mutual to assist the CFO from South Africa for three months (Full-Time). Her focus was to restructure the finance department following the acquisition of Provident Life. She was able to deliver on her contract with great leadership skills and initiatives in steering the day to day finance operations and with the support of management and staff. The turnaround time of key operations and reporting improved significantly; leading to the contract being renewed twice. That opened doors for other service lines at Old Mutual.
She also worked at Alsbridge Properties, Genser Energy and Unibank. She has received training in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), Core Auditing skills in EY – South Africa, The Companies Act of Ghana (Act 992), The Procurement Act of Ghana etc.
Her areas of expertise include but not limited to:
– Performance reporting – to aid planning, decision making and strategic undertakings.
– Financial reporting in compliance with IFRSs and analysis of trends and reasonableness.
– Hyperion financial management
– Identifying and managing business risks in key processes
– Designing and executing strategy
– Planning and executing internal, financial statement and special audits
– Restructuring business operations to improve performance
– Assessing the design and operating effectiveness of business processes and controls.
– Coaching, training and presentations.
– Ability to work with softwares SAP, PCAS, Sage, IMAS, Flexcube, Globus etc.